Apply to Join the Harvard Immigration Project! Orientation is September 28th, 7pm in Pound 200. Applications can be found at http://hlsorgs.com/hip/apply-to-hip/ and are due October 3rd, 5pm.
The Harvard Immigration Project (HIP) is a Student Practice Organization that offers opportunities for students to gain practical hands-on experience in immigration law and to serve immigrant communities with high-quality legal advocacy. HIP has four projects underway that students can apply to work on:
* Know-Your-Rights community outreach and education campaigns;
* Direct representation of Iraqi refugees seeking resettlement through the Iraqi Refugee Assistance Project (IRAP);
* Direct representation of local individuals in deportation proceedings through our Bond Hearing Representation; and
* Immigration Services for former clients of the Harvard Immigration and Refugee Clinic who seek adjustment of status, family derivative claims, and other follow-up immigration services.
In addition to these practice-based projects, HIP hosts events and trainings for members including speakers on immigration-law topics, career and academic advising, and direct action campaigns. For more information, visit our website http://hlsorgs.com
Dates to remember:
* HIP Orientation session: Wednesday, September 28th, at 7pm, Pound 200.
* Applications are available at http://hlsorgs.com/hip/apply-to-hip/. Applications are due October 3rd, 5pm.