Instead of throwing your extra belongings in the trash during the move-out rush, donate them! Donation stations will be set up at HLS from April 18 until Commencement in the following locations:
- Caspersen Student Center, under the ramp to the café (this is our year-round HLS donation station location)
- Outdoor underpass outside Story
- Covered patio between Holmes and Ames
- Walkway between Ames and Dane
- 1st floor walkway between Story and Shaw
- North Hall Common Room
- Hastings Basement (Entry 5 near the kitchen)
You can donate:
• Books, Horn books, textbooks, notebooks, office supplies (even partially-used)
• Dorm supplies such as mini-fridges, storage crates, fans, trash cans, bulletin boards, cinder blocks, bricks and lumber
• Futons, rugs, chairs and mirrors (place next to box and clearly label “For Harvard Habitat for Humanity”)
• Clothing and shoes (tied together), eyeglasses, athletic equipment, toys and linens
• Unopened non-perishable food (canned goods, boxed pasta, microwaveables)
• Unfinished bottles of laundry detergent and household cleaners
• Toiletries, shampoo, lotions and cosmetics
• Computers and parts, printers, and other electronics
Please return all dishes and silverware to the Café!
Benefiting charities include Harvard Habitat for Humanity, the Cambridge YWCA Family Shelter, Mass Coalition for the Homeless, Greater Boston Food Bank, Unite for Sight, Better World Books, and Students United to Fight Hunger.
If you have any questions, please ask your Green Living Rep or email sustainability at lists.law.harvard.edu.