01/05/2006 Meeting Notes
Posted by j, 1/5/06 at 7:37:48 PM.
Please note that all live notes are taken by attendees, and are permanently editable by all blog group members. In note-taking by multiple parties during a running event mistakes of both content and attribution are highly likely. Live Notes are not a reliable source of quotable material. When possible we attempt to return to the live notes and edit them to greater accuracy, but this is not a guarantee.
These notes are a best effort. Blog your corrections and commentary.
- Let’s recharge and get some exciting stuff on our schedule for Spring. We’ve had some fantastic ideas, but we need volunteers from the group to shepherd individual potential speakers, with Erica and j coordinating on dates.
- There are only a few people here tonight, so we aren’t going to discuss our schedule.
- NW: Let’s get someone from Participatory Culture. They do cool stuff with video and they’re in Worcester. I know someone there and will drop them a line.
- essembly.com and other social networking tools
- Remind us that we need to pick a restaurant next week for the Boston Weblogger Meetup that will coincide with our meeting the following week (3rd Thursday of the month). They’ve asked us to select the restaurant ahead of time so they can publicize it within their group.
- Lunch with David Berlind of ZDNet’s Between the Lines on Tuesday, January 10, at 12:30 pm. RSVP required by noon Friday: rsvp at cyber.law.harvard.edu.
- Dave Winer is hosting a geek dinner at the Cambridgeside Galleria to compete with our meeting. Nice of him to let us know about it in advance so we could join forces …
- Steve Garfield on Rocketboom discusses an Internet pulse point on Newbury Street
- Fun in January:
- Last time: Drinks & snacks at Grendel’s Den with the Boston Weblog Meetup folks.