04/13/2006 Meeting Notes
Posted by j, 4/13/06 at 7:11:00 PM.
Disclaimer: Please note that all live notes are taken by attendees, and are permanently editable by all blog group members. In note-taking by multiple parties during a running event mistakes of both content and attribution are highly likely. Live Notes are not a reliable source of quotable material; all notes are (sometimes significant) on-the-fly paraphrases by the various note-takers. When possible we attempt to return to the live notes and edit them to greater accuracy, but this is not a guarantee.
Meeting notes are a best effort – comment with or blog your corrections.
- What to cover in an article about XML feeds covering the last 2 years?
- What do people think about having a Wikimania meeting at the blog meeting on April 27? Are there enough of us interested in and working on Wikimania for that to be a good use of our time?
- j on “How to import from Manila to WordPress”
- Because I’m running the meeting, I can’t take notes.
- Something’s going on with the test server, so we weren’t able to create a new blog or completely do an import. I’m giving a tour instead.
- Upcoming blog meeting stuff in the works:
- April 20: Hopefully, Amanda can round up some people from the Webmasters conference in Boston. (Thanks, Amanda!)
- Dan Bricklin, known for his work on VisiCalc and wikiCalc
- Ookles, perhaps — if their Boston road show works with a Thursday meeting
- Someone who can fill us in on what’s happening with China and the Internet (RMack? Eric Priest when he returns from Asia?)
- FYI: Berkman’s got a conference on 4/28: Bloggership: How Blogs are Transforming Legal Scholarship. It’s focusing pretty heavily on legal (and academic) blogging, but is free/open to public.
- If you want to help shepherd a potential future topic or if you have ideas of your own, please talk to Erica or j. We’d love – and could really use – your help!
- This week: