07/21/05 Meeting Notes
These notes are a best effort.
Blog your corrections and commentary.
These are live notes. Between 7 pm and 8:30 pm, refresh this page occasionally to see the changes.
j will not be taking good notes tonight because of wrist pain. Unfortunately, j is the only group scribe in the room. j encourages you to tune into the live audio.
- j: j Baumgart
- JK: Janet Kolodzy, journalism prof at Emerson
- As: Aaron Swartz
- DW: David Weinberger, Berkman fellow
- MW: Mal Watlington
- LW: Lisa Williams
- LB: Lynne Baer
- SG: Steve Garfield
- JA: Jenny Attiyah
- AG: Andrew Grumet
- CCC: CC Chapman
- Greg Demetrick 5questions.net
- MH: Matt Hall, Boston Podcast Network
- she said “I’m some girlfriend dragged to the meeting”
- RF: Randy Fenstermacher
- DS: Danny Silverman
- BP: Brian Person
- JW: John Wall
- CC Chapman & Andrew Grumet on podcasting, Gigadial, and Satellite Radio
- DW: why the lemon?
- AG: freshness, though oranges might have made more sense
- AG: excited about iTunes doing podcasts
- demonstrated and highlighted features of iPodder
- TiVo and RSS: fused an RSS reader into TiVo using other hacks, display RSS feeds on the telly
- podsafe music network musicians donate their music to be played during podcasts
- podcasters can safely use the music without worrying about legal implications. they should link to the musicians and mention they got the music from podsafe.
- it’s an evolving thing
- forgot Religious music, got flooded with e-mails about that on day 1, they had just overlooked it, so they added it quickly
- CCC thinks Apple is missing the boat on some of the music sales stuff
- Chuck: pay attention to how much money the artist gets based on where you buy. Buying directly from the artist means they get more money. iTunes only gives them a few cents.
- For July 28, Amanda Watlington: How To Have A Nice Little Traffic Jam: Understanding How Search Engines Read Your Blog
- Hamlet, Boston Common, Sat., 7/23, 5 p picnic supper with 501 Techclub/TechFoundation, 8 p performance **free!**
- SG: Chuck Olson and I are going to be showing a film at a film fest on July 31 & Aug 1. The film will be shown somewhere at Harvard on the 2nd.
- Pub podcast on Tuesday
- We may need a rule about people sitting in/blocking the doorway
- The OPML file is much more up to date than it was two weeks ago. If you have editorial access to the blog, you can get to the file. For a copy, bug j.
- Well wishes for Gregory
- j reports the meeting she talked about the other week went well. More good news to come in a few weeks.
- What else?