08/25/2005 Meeting Notes
These notes are a best effort.
Blog your corrections and commentary.
- LW: Lisa Williams
- SR: Shimon Rura
- j: j Baumgart
- JA: Josh Ain
- BS: Brett Stilwell
- MW: Mal Watlington
- Critt Jarvis & his work with Thomas P.M. Barnett and the New Rule Sets Project
- Critt is not coming tonight.
- j suggested calling sj to get a report on Wikimania
- Voo2do by Shimon Rura
- While we waited for sj to appear, SR showed off his newly released scheduling tool
- It looks pretty & can handle sophisticated scheduling
- SR built it because he didn’t like the scheduling tool he used at work
- sj on Wikimania, perhaps if he shows up
- sj’s overview highlighted a lot of cool things at the conference
- but he spent a lot of time moderating, so he didn’t get to go to many sessions himself
- audio of some of the sessions are available on the Wikimania site
- perhaps a second conference next year
- What else?
- Last week: John Harvard’s