09/01/2005 Meeting Notes
These notes are a best effort.
Blog your corrections and commentary.
AH: Ann House
MW: Mal Watlington
VD: Vernica Downey
SR: Shimon Rura
LN: Lisa Nadile, usability consultant without a blog, interested in blog fiction
JA: Josh Ain
LW: Lisa Williams
EG: Erica George
GR: Gregor Rothfuss
SN: Shava Nerad http://shava.blogspot.com Unpopular Nonfiction, LJ: Popular Fiction, professional ghost writing blogger at the KSG
MJ: Marjorie Jarvis
CJ: Critt Jarvis
- LW: outlined her proposed schedule
- What about free Thursdays? Do we want to have absolutely free nights or is allowing time for discussion enough? Let’s discuss it on the list
- The schedule should be participatory. If people want to propose topics, invite people, present, they can do so.
- Speakers shouldn’t plan to speak for an hour. It’s better to allow time for other things during the meeting.
- Critt Jarvis & his work with Thomas P.M. Barnett and the New Rule Sets Project
- CJ: Thomas P.M. Barnett and consulting w/ him
- interested in Tom’s work, approached him about tech stuff
- Tom liked the idea
- they started a company
- began publishing a weekly newsletter
- CJ quit his day job to focus on Tom full time
- approached by Newport folks http://newmapgame.com/newport2005/
- merged with Enterra
- What else?
- Boca Grande
- Last week: Philipe’s after contradancing