09/08/2005 Meeting Notes
These notes are a best effort.
Blog your corrections and commentary.
AH: Ann House
MW: Mal Watlington
AW: Amanda Watlington
LB: Lynne Baer
LG: Louis Godena
- Sabastian told us a bit about his anonymous blogs
- S~~~ admits not having a blog at all, but came out of curiosity
- Questions/comments from new bloggers
- E-mailing the discussion list with the agenda
- Marketing the group
- We all pretty much agree we need to market the group. Let’s talk specifics about how to do it on a night when more people are present.
- Combining our group with the Boston Weblogger Meetup Group once a month
- They’d come to us
- Sounds like people are interested
- Some of the neat ways bloggers are getting involved with the Gulf Coast disaster relief
- Let’s table this until someone, like maybe Andy Carvin, with some fabulous knowledge can speak to us about what’s going on
- Map overlay of hurricane/flood damage
- Andy Carvin’s award!
- Hooray! Congratulations!
- the mic
- the mic is lost, we’ll figure out what to do about getting a new one
- It’s probably inevitable that we’ll talk about the schedule again
- We did, indeed. j encouraged people to continue the discussion on the list.
- People don’t like that the survey only has two questions. They don’t think it’s an either/or situation.
- People want free time during the meetings as well as having ‘speakerless’ meetings
- What else?
- Last week: Boca Grande