09/15/2005 Meeting Notes
These notes are a best effort. Blog your corrections and commentary.
AH: Ann House
MW: Mal Watlington
BS: Brett Stilwell
LW: Lisa Williams
SR: Shimon Rura
EG: Erica George
JG: Joe Green from The Facebook
RF: Randy Fenstermacher
- RSS Remixing? — nope, not tonight
- Questions/comments from new bloggers
- Recap: Combining our group with the Boston Weblogger Meetup Group once a month
- It sounds like we’re in agreement to do this; let’s pick a week
- Sooz’ survey for us to pick a week
- Berkman Open House on Wednesday, 9/21
- EG’s going to represent the group
- If anyone is free, come to Berkman
- Learn about Berkman’s other projects
- Bill Ives at Berkman’s Luncheon Series on Tuesday, 9/27
- RSVP to EG between 9/21 and 9/23
- not available on the Web yet
- Outreach to tech folks in town for Wendy’s wedding next week
- We don’t know exactly who’ll be coming, but there are some big names.
- Dim sum on Sunday the 25th, 1 pm, Chau Chow City, 83 Essex Street, Chinatown, Boston
- j will send something to the list.
- What to tell librarians about feeds
- j submitted an updated listing to the Harvard University Gazette
- It’s probably even more inevitable that we’ll talk about the schedule again… AND IT WILL BE GLORIOUS! (-sr)
- j sincerely hopes this is the last talk about the schedule for the foreseeable future.
- LW has not done anything w/ the schedule she proposed
- SR proposed that LW, EG, and j be involved in scheduling
- j pointed out that this is how scheduling has been happening
- j feels very frustrated that everyone seems to be in favor of having guest speakers, but people are unwilling to help coordinate their appearances.
- RF suggested we get some environmental librarian to come talk to the group.
- JA reports that the majority of the survey respondents want at least one free meeting each month.
- Several people in the group have also requested having free time each meeting in case of anything special coming up. We will try to honor both requests.
- JG: showed a little bit about what he works on
- the mic – we need to buy a new one
- LW: I probably have another mic at home
- RF: I have an MP3 recorder, too.
- LW: I need to share some cool tools. What do you like?
- What else?
- Last week: Yenching!