Don’t forget: the Berkman Center is now at 23 Everett Street. The conference room we use for our meetings is on the second floor, room 202. It’s just across from the elevator and to the immediate right of the stairs. (No, it’s not the men’s room.) The building is a short distance from Baker House, where we used to meet.
We will make every effort to keep the door downstairs open. If you are locked out of the building, please call 617-495-7547 (Berkman main line) if you have a cell phone, or yell up to us (we’ll leave the windows open). We’re hoping to have this situation resolved with a callbox in the near future.
- Topic: Social Responsibility & Trust in Social Networks
- Donna would like some quick help with her new Typepad blog (which she says is working out much better than Blogger for her and thanks us for the advice!)
- Upcoming events of interest:
- Various upcoming & potential stuff on our schedule:
- Next Week: October 5: Erica’s birthday! Um, anyone want to just go straight to dinner that day? And if not, maybe someone else can coordinate figuring out what to talk about that day and surprise me .
- October 12: ?
- We’re percolating at least one something to do with Second Life
- Dan Bricklin, known for his work on VisiCalc and wikiCalc
- Someone who can fill us in on what’s happening with China and the Internet –> Rebecca MacKinnon will be speaking with us sometime after she gets back from her current summer trip to China and other parts of Asia. (Erica is checking with her re her schedule.)
- Ben Sheldon and something about maps
- Adam and something about maps
- Brett on Ubuntu
- If you want to help shepherd a potential future topic or if you have ideas of your own, please talk to Erica or j. We’d love – and could really use – your help!
- This week:
- Last week: Three Aces
During the meeting, participate via:
- Still no webcast but sometime this month Erica is getting trained on the system in the new conference room.
- IRC chat