This post seeks to draw the attention of readers of the Forum to the new e-journal on Bankruptcy, Financial Distress, & Reorganization of SSRN’s Corporate Governance Network (CGN) of SSRN. This journal distributes abstracts of, and links to, selected recent working papers that deal with dissolutions and bankruptcy reorganizations, financial distress and workouts outside insolvency, and similar topics.
The journal collects abstracts on these topics from all new submissions to the entire SSRN database irrespective of discipline. It brings together contributions from accounting, economics, finance, law, management, sociology and psychology. Thus, this e-journal provides its readers with full exposure to all new papers related to its subject matter placed on SSRN.
Subscribers to the journal will receive regular e-mails containing between five and six abstracts with links to the electronic papers. Papers distributed in the last several weeks include:
- Luis Coelho, Kose John & Richard Taffler, “Bankrupt Firms: Who’s Buying?“;
- Edward Morrison, “Is the Bankruptcy Code an Adequate Mechanism for Resolving the Distress of Systemically Important Institutions?“;
- Mark Roe, “Bankruptcy’s Financial Crisis Accelerator: The Derivatives Players’ Priorities in Chapter 11“;
- Jose Daniel Rodriguez-Delgado, “Bankruptcy and Firm Dynamics: The Case of the Missing Firms“;
- David Skeel, “Bankruptcy Phobia“.
- Effi Benmelech, Nittai Bergman & Ricardo Enriquez, “Negotiations with Labor under Financial Distress“;
- Todd Gormley, Nandini Gupta & Anand Jha, “Bank Entry and Bankruptcy“.