Statistics released by the Social Science Research Network (SSRN) indicate that, as of the end of 2010, Harvard Law School faculty members associated with the Program on Corporate Governance featured prominently on SSRN author rankings. These faculty captured six of the top 100 slots – including the number one slot – among the top 100 law school professors (in all legal areas) in terms of readers’ use of their work.
Professor Lucian Bebchuk was ranked first among all law school professors, as he was at the end of each of the preceding three calendar years. Professor Bebchuk was also ranked sixth among authors from all fields on SSRN. Bebchuk’s papers (available on his SSRN page here) have attracted a total of more than 149,000 downloads, with forty-four of his papers having been downloaded more than 1,000 times each.
In addition, the top 100 law professors on SSRN at the end of 2010 included the following faculty members associated with the Harvard Program on Corporate Governance:
- Reinier Kraakman, ranked 14 among law school professors and 72 among all authors;
- Allen Ferrell, 24 among law school professors, 129 among all authors;
- Jesse Fried, 26 among law school professors, 135 among all authors;
- Alma Cohen, 29 among law school professors, 143 among all authors; and
- Mark Roe, 39 among law school professors, 174 among all authors.
SSRN is the leading electronic service for social science research. As of the end of 2010, its electronic library contained over 254,600 full-text documents by more than 150,000 authors.