Chances are you know about this resource,– but in case you don’t: it’s invaluable.
The website is called Beyond Intractability and “I put this moment here” (to quote Kate Bush) so I don’t forget to go back and read more of the fantastic resources available.
Here’s the “Topics discussed” section, to give you an idea of the breadth available:
The modules in this knowledge base are split between theoretical topics and practical topics. Among the theoretical essays are discussions of
- what we mean by the term “intractable,” and
- what makes some conflicts intractable while others are not (basically, what causes intractability),
- what causes escalation (several essays),
- what identity groups are and why they matter,
- what is meant by the concept of “ripeness,”
- what is meant by justice and how it can be obtained (several essays), etc.
Among the practical topics are:
- Negotiation strategies and tactics (lots of essays!),
- Mediation of intractable conflicts (several essays on different approaches),
- Cultural considerations (5 essays),
- Peacemaking, and
- Peacebuilding strategies (lots of essays!), etc.
The full list of essays can be found in the Browse system.