The DPLA Nominating Committee was established by the DPLA Steering Committee during a July 2012 meeting to recommend members for the inaugural DPLA Board of Directors. The Nominating Committee is composed of the following individuals:
- David Ferriero, Archivist of the United States
- Carla Hayden, CEO of the Enoch Pratt Free Library, DPLA Steering Committee member
- Deanna Marcum, Managing Director of Ithaka S+R, DPLA Steering Committee member
- Maura Marx, Executive Director of the Open Knowledge Commons, DPLA Steering Committee member
- MacKenzie Smith, University Librarian, University of California, Davis
The purpose of the Nominating Committee is to recommend to the DPLA Steering Committee 5 – 7 candidates to be elected to the inaugural DPLA Board of Directors. The Nominating Committee will seek candidates who possess the integrity, leadership skills, and competency required to guide the DPLA in the best interest of its stakeholders, future employees, future users, and other affected parties.
Toward that end, the Nominating Committee will endeavor:
- to propose a geographically, professionally, and racially/ethnically diverse group of candidates;
- to propose candidates who possess a broad view of the library and information technology landscape and can claim experience in a variety of professional contexts;
- to propose a set of candidates that can inspire an actionable, enthusiastic response in the wider library and information technology community; and
- to propose a set of candidates who will seek to fulfill the DPLA’s broad commitment to openness, inclusiveness, and accessibility.
Members of the Nominating Committee will not serve on the inaugural DPLA Board of Directors.
Nominating Committee Guiding Terms and Principles (pdf)