In light of EPA’s announcement today about Obama’s plan to regulate carbon emissions from coal-fired power plants, we wanted to highlight some of the work that HLS faculty have been doing around the issue. Professor Jody Freeman, Director and Founder of ELP, recently wrote a New York Times op-ed “Teaching an Old Law New Tricks” about the legal prospects of using the Clean Air Act to regulate greenhouse gases. Kate Konschnik and Ari Peskoe of the Environmental Policy Initiative published a paper about utilizing energy efficiency programs as part of the sec. 111(d) rule for existing power plants. Lastly, Kate Konschnik guest blogged for Legal Planet discussing EPA’s statutory authority to issue the sec. 111(d) regulations.
- Clinic Releases Newly Revised Edition of Their Fracking Guide
- Policy Initiative Publishes Paper on State Plan Enforcement Under EPA’s GHG Power Plant Rule
- Legal Fellowship at the Environmental Defense Fund (EDF), Washington, D.C.
- The Clinic and Policy Initiative Announce New Report on Regional and Municipal Stormwater Management
- Global Climate Change and U.S. Law Co-edited By Prof. Jody Freeman
Sign up for ELP News!
In the News
- EPA Gets A Win From the Supreme Court on Global Warming Emissions - Mostly, NPR, June 23, 2014
- Justices Uphold Emission Limits on Big Industry, N.Y. Times, June 23, 2014
- When Courts Admit Their Mistakes, Washington Post - The Volokh Conspiracy, June 1, 2014
- Here's Why an Obama Plan to Regulate Carbon Could Work, Wired, May 30, 2014
- Teaching an Old Law New Tricks, N.Y. Times, May 29, 2014
- Bloggy Supreme Court Often Edits Its Opinions After Delivering Them, Gawker, May 27, 2014
- Post-Decision Revisions of Supreme Court Opinions, Washington Post, May 25, 2014
- Final Word on U.S. Law Isn't: Supreme Court Keeps Editing, N.Y. Times, May 24, 2014
- Obama administration limits on soot pollution upheld by appeals court, L.A. Times, May 9, 2014
- Response to Justice Antonin Scalia Gaffe Offers a Lesson in Partisan Outrage, Washington Post, May 3, 2014
- Richard Lazarus Formally Notified the Supreme Court of Scalia's Error, Legal Planet Blog, April 30, 2014
- Homer nods in EPA v. EME Homer City Generation - UPDATED, Washington Post Blog - The Volkh Conspiracy, April 29, 2014