In April 2014 the American Bar Association published the second edition of Global Climate Change and U.S. Law, which is co-edited by Mike Gerrard and Jody Freeman. The first edition appeared in 2007 and was widely adopted in law school courses; this second edition adds several entirely new chapters (covering NEPA, ESA, civil remedies, water, cap and trade, CCS, agriculture and forestry, non-climate international agreements, adaptation, geoengineering, and four on energy regulation), and brings everything up to date. Emmett Clinical Director, Wendy Jacobs, and EPI Director, Kate Konschnik, both contributed chapters to the textbook. View the cover of the book here.
- Policy Initiative Publishes Paper on State Plan Enforcement Under EPA’s GHG Power Plant Rule
- Legal Fellowship at the Environmental Defense Fund (EDF), Washington, D.C.
- The Clinic and Policy Initiative Announce New Report on Regional and Municipal Stormwater Management
- Global Climate Change and U.S. Law Co-edited By Prof. Jody Freeman
- EPA’s Climate Rule for Existing Power Plants Under 111(d) – HLS Faculty Analysis and Research
Sign up for ELP News!
In the News
- EPA Gets A Win From the Supreme Court on Global Warming Emissions - Mostly, NPR, June 23, 2014
- Justices Uphold Emission Limits on Big Industry, N.Y. Times, June 23, 2014
- When Courts Admit Their Mistakes, Washington Post - The Volokh Conspiracy, June 1, 2014
- Here's Why an Obama Plan to Regulate Carbon Could Work, Wired, May 30, 2014
- Teaching an Old Law New Tricks, N.Y. Times, May 29, 2014
- Bloggy Supreme Court Often Edits Its Opinions After Delivering Them, Gawker, May 27, 2014
- Post-Decision Revisions of Supreme Court Opinions, Washington Post, May 25, 2014
- Final Word on U.S. Law Isn't: Supreme Court Keeps Editing, N.Y. Times, May 24, 2014
- Obama administration limits on soot pollution upheld by appeals court, L.A. Times, May 9, 2014
- Response to Justice Antonin Scalia Gaffe Offers a Lesson in Partisan Outrage, Washington Post, May 3, 2014
- Richard Lazarus Formally Notified the Supreme Court of Scalia's Error, Legal Planet Blog, April 30, 2014
- Homer nods in EPA v. EME Homer City Generation - UPDATED, Washington Post Blog - The Volkh Conspiracy, April 29, 2014