– Below are ethicalEsq-f/k/a postings and annotated web resources on this topic. Find our full list of annotated ethics links by clicking the Client Rights & Legal Ethics link on the Navigation Bar.
- Posting 02/23/04 Got My $13.86
- Posting 02/22/04 Putting the Piggy in Piggy-Back
- Posting 02/19/04 Mommies, Meanies, Mud and Manure in Madison County
- Posting 02/08/04 Smells Fishy: Lawyers Get $30 Million, Plaintiffs Get $10 Million in Salmon Settlement
- Posting 01/29/04 Posner At His Best Sinking Fleet Class Action Settlement
- Posting 01/29/04 Fen-Phen Plaintiff Challenges Her 40% Contingent Fee
- Posting 12/16/03 Consumer Names Kept Confidential Despite Lawyers’ FOIA Ploy
- Posting 10/03/03 Missouri Lawyers Come Late to the Party, Still Get a $111 Million Slice of the Tobacco Fee Pie
- Posting 09/10/03 Hyundai Horsepower Settlement Hogtied — Editor Cowed
- Posting 09/08/03 NY Top Court Asked to Review Tobacco Fees
- Posting 08/01/03 Appellate Court Disses and Dismisses Judge Ramos’ Attempt to Trim Tobacco Fees
- Posting 6/27/03 Objecting to “Serial Objectors” — parasites need oversight in class actions
- Posting 6/26/03 Class Action Attorneys vs. Clients (Leary’s Leery)
- Posting 6/18/03 Fiduciaries Everywhere: Except in the Mirror?
The FTC and Class Actions FTC Commissioner Thomas B. Leary discusses the agency’s goals and activities as it attempts to police excessive class action fees and settlements that give too little value to the plaintiff class.