Workshop Coordinator/Program Assistant Now Open
This full-time position reports to the Director of the Harvard Negotiation & Mediation Clinical Program. It supports all aspects of organizing and delivering the winter and spring term Negotiation Workshops at Harvard Law School as well as two summer continuing legal education workshops held at Harvard Law School.
- Provides support to the adjunct lecturers who teach these courses.
- Takes lead in handling all workshop logistics.
- Coordinates workshop admissions process, maintains database, and generates correspondence.
- Schedules and sets up rooms/AV arrangements.
- Coordinates payroll information for teaching assistants and consultants.
- Provides extensive office support (word processing, photocopying, delivering materials to classrooms, editing course web pages, updating and compiling course readings).
- Attends sessions to assist instructors/teaching assistants with classroom needs, and production/delivery of complex course materials.
- Recruits volunteers from Harvard community for role-plays in exercises.
- Plans events/arranges catering of nightly dinners and farewell party.
- Some overtime and weekend work required, especially in January.
- Approximately 10% of this opening will report to the Assistant Director of the Program on Negotiation.
- Responsible for applying to state bars for Continuing Legal Education (CLE) accreditation on behalf of Harvard Negotiation Institute participants.
- Works to maintain records regarding eligibility for CLE for each individual class and closely monitors application deadlines and filing requirements.
Applications are accepted ONLY through the Harvard University ASPIRE website.