HNMCP Director talks negotiation on The Coaching Show
Bob Bordone speaks with “The Coaching Show” Host Chris MacAuliffe and Mike Sherrick of The Mike Sherrick Group on negotiation topics including:
- moving from positional behavior to an attitude of curiosity and perspective taking about what motivates “the other”
- moving from a zero sum opportunity to a joint gain opportunity
- basic skills to move out of identity-based competition into effective conversation
- the difference between expressing emotion and “being emotional”
- the idea that you don’t need to show you’re strong to be strong
- eliminating the assumption that the best skills for a negotiator is persuasion and assertion and replacing it with the idea that the best skill for a negotiator is listening
- and more . . .
Listen to the whole interview on WSRadio (segments 3 and 4).