Today, I blogged on NewsliBlog, the blog for the Special Libraries Association News Division that’s on Blogger. (If you’re paying attention, you know that means I have indeed blogged on all four blogs today.) Like many blogs, it automatically generates its own permalinks. I was a little surprised, though, when I followed the one for the post I made and got a 404. I tried another and a few more with the same results. It generates funky URLs: http://newslib.blogspot.com/http://newslib.blogspot.com/2004/05/spring-2004-news-library-news.html. If you cut that apart and go to http://newslib.blogspot.com/2004/05/spring-2004-news-library-news.html, it works. Unfortunately, the faulty URL appears in NewsliBlog’s feed, too. Weird.
I looked in their support archive and found something about Blogger generating incorrect permalinks in RSS feeds, but that’s not what’s happening here. It isn’t on their known issues page, either. I don’t have administrative access to the blog, so I can’t thoroughly explore what might be causing the problem. I contacted the admin for the blog. Perhaps she of Blogger wisdom greater than mine can solve the problem.