The Yale Law Journal is having an awesome writing contest for people who are or recently have been in jail or prison. Submit a short essay about your experiences with the law, and you might be eligible for a cash prize and/or publication. Learn more here.
Subscribe to the RSS feed!
- Restricting inmates’ mail unconstitutional, federal judge rules in Columbia County Jail case
- Solitary confinement comes under new scrutiny
- 1 Inmate Impregnated 4 Guards At Md. Jail, Prosecutors Say
- For 3 Years After Killing, Evidence Fades as a Suspect Sits in Jail
- Tortured for Testimony: Anarchists Get Solitary Confinement for Not Snitching
- Barry Kidd on The Queer Case Against Prisons
- Litigation Lawyer on States Cut Prison Budgets but Not Prison Populations
- Barry Kidd on California Sheds Prisoners but Grapples With Courts
- Thanh lap cong ty Hai Phong on Illinois’ only supermax may shortly close!
- Overseas Movers on Illinois’ only supermax may shortly close!