Does anybody remember that song? Anyway, it’s all of the little things that make my humble life of mediocrity so liveable. So, here’s a list of little things that have gone my way the past few days:
- I got an A on my first paper in my Managaging Organizational Change class.
- The Harvard techie group has informed me that they’re testing the new blog software this week and it should be implemented next week! That should make things MUCH faster and more reliable!
- My accountant finished my taxes and I’m not going to be suffering as much as I had anticipated as a result of all of the complications last year with selling property and earning money as a trustee for my friend, Regina.
- Last night, the professor in my Higher Education Management class assigned us our partners for the group project we have to do. I was afraid I’d get stuck with some key annoying students, but with a little luck he managed to set me up with Mark (Veselka Slut) who works down the hall from me! The other partner is another Harvard employee (from the Business School). This should make logistics much easier. I’ve been stuck in groups in past classes with students who work full time jobs in the suburbs and it’s a pain in the ass to get together. Oh, and not only did I get assigned ideal partners, he assigned us the easy case study to focus on AND scheduled our presentation for the final class (giving us an extra week to prepare).
- My friend, Adam, is leaving his job at Harvard (which is sad)…but his former boss has planned a going-away lunch for him and 11 friends for this afternoon. YAY – free food and good company!
- Another friend, Tony, is a professional photographer (his work as appeared in the Improper Bostonian magazine and other regional magazines, as well as advertising campaigns for national products) and he has offered to take some studio photos of me. YAY! I’ve never “modeled” before – but I figure I might as well take him up on the opportunity while I’m still young enough (and not too saggy or wrinkled). If any of the photos come out decent, I’ll post them here.
- Finally, next week is Spring Break at Harvard so I don’t have classes! WOO HOO! Of course, I’ve got unbelievable amounts of reading and writing to do for the classes anyway….but at least it won’t involve two days worth of 2 hour lectures!
Of course, the pessimist in me realizes that the other shoe will drop any day now and I’ll end up with some painful hangnail that will get infected and drip blood on my new pants. Or I’ll get a huge zit on the tip of my nose the day of my photo shoot. But until then, I’m just going to enjoy the little things.
Leave a comment