In less than 24 hours I should be on a plane back to North America. It’s been just about two months since we relocated to Tokyo and this will be my first trip back to the States.
I have to be honest, I’m heading back with mixed emotions. There are many things I’m looking forward to. In no particular order:
- Cooler temperatures and lower humidity.
- Family and friends
- Quality fruits and vegetables (mmm – d’anjou pears, granny smith apples, affordable watermelon)
- Commuting (seriously, I’m looking forward to going to the office)
That said, I think I’m going to miss a few things in Tokyo, too:
- The view from our apartment
- The newness that greets us with every morning in a new city/country/culture
- Plumbing (this country knows how to design a toilet and bathtub/shower)
Oddly enough, Randy is already in the United States. Because of a death in the family he went to Virginia on Monday and will return to Tokyo next Monday. He’ll be back in Tokyo for just a week and a half and then fly to Boston to join me for a few weeks. This puts us apart for just over 2.5 weeks, making this the longest we’ve been separated.
And I don’t like it.
Leave a comment