The Fourth Annual National Centre for Research in Children’s Literature (NCRCL) “The Child and the Book” conference will be held in Istanbul, Turkey, March 30-April 1, 2007. Bogaziçi University’s Department of Western Languages and Literature is hosting the conference, and the conference theme is “Children’s Literature: Lost in Translation”.
The theme encompasses both the literal translation of children’s literature from one language to another and the broader idea of children’s literature crossing cultural, historical and social boundaries.
Conference organizers are currently seeking paper proposals which address the many ways in which children’s literature is translated. They are also inviting general papers on the following topics:
- Literary theory and children’s literature
- Gender studies, including masculinist, feminist or queer theory approaches
- The politics of children’s literature
- Ideology and/or reader response
- The voice of the child
- Popular culture and children’s literature
- Education and children’s literature
- Publishing and children’s literature
- New voices: new trends
Paper proposals are due October 15, 2006.
Visit the 2007 conference website for more information.*
*The conference website seems to be under construction at the moment, but I am including the link anyhow.
You must be logged in to post a comment.