We learned a TON last year about our Skype interview process and we have some tips we want to share with you.
• When registering for your interview, make sure that you consider your time zone; all of our interviews are scheduled for Eastern Time.
• When you register for your interview, please use the name that you submitted on your application. Nicknames often cause confusion.
• Skype names that are through a social media website (like Facebook) only work for your “friends” on Facebook. Make sure that you give us your official Skype username or we won’t be able to find you.
• We will add you as a contact and send you an invitation to accept us through Skype shortly before your interview. Make sure you accept it or we won’t be able to place the call.
• Interviewees who have had their computer on a wired internet connection (versus Wi-Fi) have had fewer issues than those using wireless.
• We do not penalize you for technical difficulties. But you can avoid them by testing out your equipment beforehand and have a plan B (a set of headphones, for example).
• Sometimes… we’re late. Don’t worry, it’s our fault – not yours.
As always, if you have additional questions, feel free to contact our office!