The Digital Commonwealth is holding it’s 3rd annual Digital Library Conference and Vendor Fair on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at the College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, Mass.
* “Rebooting America,” David Liroff, formerly of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
* “Digital Preservation: Prologue and Principles,” Nancy McGovern, University of Michigan, Digital Preservation Officer, Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR)
* Getting Started in the Digital Commonwealth (portal and repository), Erin Logsdon, NELINET
* Text Alive! The Body, Mind, and Soul of the Digitized Written Word, Tom Blake, Boston Public Library
* Scanning 101 for Photographs, Scott Kehoe, NMRLS
* Report from the Boston Library Consortium on Digital Issues, Jay Shafer, UMass Amherst
* Grant Writing for Digital Library Projects, Gregor Trinkus-Randall, MBLC
* Promoting Your Digital Resources, Panel with David Mathews, NEDCC and others
* Digital Barn Raising in Western Massachusetts, tba
* Archival Finding Aids, Anne Sauer, Tufts University
Register for the conference by credit card through PayPal or by check via mail.
NOTE: Space is limited. Register early – last year we filled up
quickly and had to close registration early.
Conference Rates On or Before 2/28/09 On or After 3/1/09
Member registration $65 $85
Non-member registration $99 $119
Graduate Library Program – Full Time Students $65 $85
For more info:
Posted by Rich